…Becoming the Change We Wish To See
Let’s Stay Connected!
We have a few ways for our youth to stay connected during these times when it can be more difficult:
- Parents & Youth can join our bi-monthly e-newsletter list to receive updates, our activity schedule, and highlights. Email Amanda to get on our Youth & Parents mailing list.
- Follow our NEW Instagram account! @SouthminYouthGroup
- Youth & Family Sunday occurs on the 3rd Sunday of every month. Hop onto Zoom for our Virtual Worship Service at 10:00 am.
- Each month, we have a handful of activities to bring the youth “together,” such as virtual movie nights, virtual game nights, outdoor volunteer projects, and more. Check out the bi-monthly e-newsletter for a full list of activities.
DV8! (grades 5-7)
DV8 is our group for youth in grades 5-7 (8th graders often participate as student leaders). The name DV8 was chosen by the youth in 2008 because in our group “it is ok to be different and to go against the flow” – to make a difference! We invite you to join us.
Other DV8 Activities
- Special Activities – Spring Beach retreat (March), San Juan Island Bike Trip (every other year), Halloween Extravaganza, Local mission activities etc.
SNL (grades 8-12)
SNL is for youth in grades 8-12. The name SNL was chosen by the youth in 2008 because it reflects our values of Student Leadership and Service to Others. Coincidentally, since we often meet on Sunday Evenings, SNL also refers to Sunday Night Live (LOL). We invite you to join us.
Other SNL Activities:
- Social Media Connections – Youth can stay connected on Instagram by following @SouthminYouthGroup
- Annual Mission Trip – Every June, high school youth join together to go on a mission trip. In the past, we have gone to Cuba, Spokane (four times), Alaska (two times), San Francisco, Wapato, WA., New Mexico, New Orleans etc.