“The Mission of Family Promise is to equip families and vulnerable communities to end the cycle of homelessness.”
Southminster partners with Family Promise of Greater Washington County to host families throughout the year.
We do this by strengthening the lives of the people we serve and building a strong community to support their ongoing success. Our program provides temporary shelter, case management (coaching) resources, advocacy, and referrals for homeless families with children that reside in our shelter program. We help to provide a community connection – a foundation for success – that goes with them when they leave our program.
Volunteer Opportunities: contact Aly 971 217-2838 email@example.com
- Move items for graduating families
Donation Needs: contact Aly 971 217-2838 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queen beds, bedding and pillows
- Twin beds, bedding and pillows
- Sets of dishes, cutlery, and drinking glasses
- Pots and pans
- Hotel Shelter Program: 14 families
- Beaverton House: getting new furniture and interior painting in July
- Hillsboro House: renovations have begun; projected completion November, 2022