“The Mission of Family Promise is to equip families and vulnerable communities to end the cycle of homelessness.”
Southminster partners with Family Promise of Greater Washington County to host families throughout the year.
We do this by strengthening the lives of the people we serve and building a strong community to support their ongoing success. Our program provides temporary shelter, case management (coaching) resources, advocacy, and referrals for homeless families with children that reside in our shelter program. We help to provide a community connection – a foundation for success – that goes with them when they leave our program.
Volunteer Opportunities: contact Shaely at 971-226-2115 shaelyK@fpgwc.org
- Move items for graduating families
- Move items to our new location (FG United Methodist Church)
Donation Needs: contact Shaely at 971-226-2115 shaelyK@fpgwc.org
- 1 Full size bed
- 3 couches
- 3 dining room sets (including chairs)
- Thank you Diane, Karen, and their team from Southminster Presbyterian Church for taking care of our family at the Beaverton House.
- Thank you Barb for continuing to collect bottles and cans for us.
- Thank you Sue Dohn for making wonderful stuffed animals that include children’s drawing and activity sets.
- Alejandra “Aly,” is off and running. She is eager and ready to step into her new role as Assistant Case Manager/Volunteer Coordinator. Starting next Friday she will be sending this weekly email. She will continue to onboard this coming week as she takes on new responsibilities.
- If you have a volunteer or donation question please email Shaely at shaelyK@fpgwc.org and Aly at alejandraJA@fpgwc.org
- Beaverton House: 1 family – Approved for an apartment and are scheduled to graduate February 21st!!!
- SHS Program (Winter Hotel Shelter): 21 families
- Hotel Shelter Program: 12 families
- Keep up the great work FPGWC Case Managers!!!