Create a Google Account
Did you know: You can create a Google Account with your current email address. You’ll have access to Google Apps, like Hangouts and Calendar, without having to change your email address.
- Go to the Google Account creation page.
- Enter your name.
- Click Use my current email address instead.
- Enter your current email address.
- Click Next.
- Verify your email address with the code sent to your existing email.
- Click Verify.
Subscribe to the public Southminster Calendar on Google:
- Open https://calendar.google.com/
- From the left menu, click the + next to Other Calendars
- Select Subscribe to Calendar
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Google Hangouts on your Phone
- iOS / iPhone: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hangouts/id643496868
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.talk&hl=en_US
Join a Virtual Meeting
- Visit Southmin.org/calendar
- Select an event
- Below the description click ‘See More Details.’
- Click Join Hangouts Meet
- Tap the meeting link sent to you via text or email.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to join.
- OR call the number below Join by Phone
- Enter the phone number that’s in the Google Calendar event or meeting invitation. Then, enter the PIN and #.
- OR From the Meet or Calendar app, tap the phone number. The PIN is automatically entered.