POSITION: Lead Teacher
TITLE: Joyful Path Lead Teacher (Grades1-4)
GERNERAL PURPOSE: To establish an enthusiastic, positive environment to enhance Southminster’s Christian ministry and other programs of the church.
PROFESSIONALISM: Staff are expected to support Southminster goals and values; to work both independently and cooperatively with the Southminster team; to respect and support fellow staff and congregation members; to communicate clearly; to take initiative to help resolve problems; to be adaptive to change; to seek self improvement and embrace the responsibilities for excellent job performance.
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
WORK PERIOD: September 1st through August 31st
TIME COMMITMENT: Approximately 4 hours per week
- Design and deliver Sunday School lessons from a core curriculum for children grades 1st through 4th.
- Build supportive relationships with parents and children.
- Maintain regular contact with volunteers to facilitate engagement and commitment.
- Evaluate and communicate progress on regular basis.
- Coordinate with Children’s Ministry on education, programs, safety policies, and assist with nursery care when needed.
- Regularly attend staff and children/youth meetings
- Maintain attendance records and database
- Assist with recruitment and training of volunteers and substitutes towards an understanding of Program goals and expectations.
ACCOUNTABILITY & EVALUATION: The Joyful Path Lead Teacher is accountable to the Coordinator of Children’s Ministries and to the Coordinator of Youth and Families. Work objectives and performance review to be conducted annually by the Coordinator of Children’s Ministries, Coordinator of Youth and Families and Personnel Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS: Basic requirements are as follows:
- Post High School Education preferred (BA or equivalent experience)
- Love and concern for children
- Dedication to the program
- Ability to relate well to parents and other staff members
- Previous experience supervising children
- Red Cross certificate preferred
- Effective communication skills
JOB LOCATION: Southminster Presbyterian Church, Beaverton OR
To apply for this position, you will need to submit the following through our online Application:
- Completed Application
- Cover Letter